ShadowracingRSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DONATIONS

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on 4th July 2021, 22:46
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Seems fuckall is happening here
Your Career Bests Empty10th June 2020, 22:28 by MainRacer1

» DTM ROUND 7 KANSAI
Your Career Bests Empty3rd October 2016, 06:49 by Kevin

» CART EXTREME TEST RACE
Your Career Bests Empty28th September 2016, 10:23 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 5 Magny-Cours
Your Career Bests Empty22nd September 2016, 05:49 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 4 SPA - 1 September 2016
Your Career Bests Empty12th September 2016, 08:31 by Kevin

» RACE NIGHT
Your Career Bests Empty4th September 2016, 11:41 by Kevin

» FORMULA REIZA 2016 WINNER
Your Career Bests Empty27th August 2016, 07:57 by Kevin

» v1.00 ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 7 64BIT
Your Career Bests Empty26th August 2016, 11:36 by Kevin

» REIZA FINAL ROUND MONACO
Your Career Bests Empty21st August 2016, 09:36 by Kevin

Your Career Bests

+8
Not Racing
Dawie Muller
Christie
Francois
jbot6902
Red Spider
Kevin
LeeBee
12 posters

Go down

Your Career Bests Empty Your Career Bests

Post by LeeBee 7th October 2014, 14:30

Aloha everyone

Interested to find out who's who on the circuit. So tell me a bit about yourself career wise. Any professional drivers on the track? How long have you been racing? Favourite cars to race?

Aaaaaand go.
LeeBee
LeeBee

https://facebook.com/MotionAndStills

Back to top Go down

Your Career Bests Empty Re: Your Career Bests

Post by Kevin 7th October 2014, 14:39

Well, I have been sim racing for about 11 months. In the beginning, I was always at the back and getting lapped. Took about 7 months to come to grips with driving these cars.
I won the Christmas Holiday Cup at another league driving V8 Supercars. Best I've ever done.
I enjoy all the cars, but seem to be faster in the DTM's and usually get a podium these days. I have yet to win one.
Raced in 5 leagues so far and do about 400 laps a week in practice. affraid
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

https://shadowracingrsa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Spider 7th October 2014, 17:31

Hello Lee Bee, and welcome to the league !

I've been sim racing for longer than I can remember....way back to Microprose GP days....terrible graphics and all on the keyboard...(showing my age now)....go by the alias of Red Spider, due to a little red Alfa Spider I had for quite a while....

A true petrolhead and racing geek through and through.....Ferrari fan.....work at PETRONAS (which why I like the PETRONAS AMG Merc in the DTM's). I'm mostly a mid pack runner, but have managed reasonable results in DTM's and a podium in a Formula Reiza race. (Pre season)

I travel quite a bit so often miss racing nights....(sigh)....Just got back from Italy, and managed to do the Monza thing, so another one off the bucket list ;-))))))

I am a Capetonian, but been living in Centurion since 1994.

Great to have you on board !
Red Spider
Red Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeBee 7th October 2014, 19:50

Thanks for the responses so far.

Though I'm sure there are more than 2 drivers on site...hmmm... Question

@Red Spider, congrats on Monza, you did the driving experience?
LeeBee
LeeBee

Back to top Go down

Post by jbot6902 7th October 2014, 22:21

Cool I Live in Paarl and try to make up on the track for driving those extremely slow police vans !! 27 Years of service in the SAPS and I enjoy the escapism of driving a powerful car on the limit of my abilities.  I am still new at the racing bit, but I hope to improve as the hours mount up !

Cheers and thanks for your interesting insights.
jbot6902
jbot6902

http://savirtualstockcars.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois 7th October 2014, 22:39

Greetings LeeBee,welcome to our online sim world ,im located in Parow Cape Town self employed electronics and PC technician always loved playing PS2 , Xbox 360 Racing games until March this year Christo introduced me to Shadow Racing ,im learning every race lap by lap. My favourite are the F1 Reiza cars.

Good to have you onboard Very Happy
Francois
Francois

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th October 2014, 22:43

I'm Crazy Pete from England & my career best is when I won a race because everyone else ran out of petrol!
I have been on-line Sim racing for about 18 months now.
I used to be right at the back but I'm much higher up since I cleaned the potentiometer on my brake pedal. i can even overtake Kevin if I give him a gentle tap up the backside on a corner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie 7th October 2014, 23:04

I an Christie aka Shadow and been racing for about 11 months now. Most of the time I crash out or come last in every race and if I do complete a race, I feel as happy as a pig in s..t, Razz
However, I am a great lover of racing and sometimes, just spectating can make it worth my while.
Hope to improve slightly over the next 20 years lol!
Christie
Christie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawie Muller 8th October 2014, 07:45

Hi I am Dawie. I joined the team about 2 weeks ago. I did not do any competitive racing yet. Still struggling to get all my equipment sorted out. Received lots of help from Kevin and Christo. Very helpful. Looking forward to my first race. Working shifts, so not always available to race.

Dawie Muller

http://mblinds@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeBee 8th October 2014, 09:06

Nice to "meet" all of you.

Be sure to tell your friends and family about Shadowracing and get them to join the group on Facebook.
LeeBee
LeeBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Racing 8th October 2014, 10:20

Where did my post go. Will do it again.

Hi I am Gert ( I am not an alien )

46 years old living in Randburg. Been doing online racing for a few years now. started online racing with EA F1 2010 I think. started with all the assist on. All I needed was auto pilot. Smile.  A few years ago I got invited to play in an overseas league (Iron) the used GSC 2012. Rules no assist. I had to learn to drive with no assist. If you saw me then, you would have called me Christie. Sorry Christie.  With lots of practice I finally started mastering the no assist. In season 2 of IRON league I manged to get a second place on Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.   Have never looked back since then.I also raced in some other leagues using Rfactor & GTR2.  Finally found a home here with Shadow racing the Reizas on GSC. With the field ever increasing it is only getting better.

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

Post by henzero 8th October 2014, 11:07

Im such a noob, never managed anything in SIM RACING ...yet Very Happy

Had a few podium finishes in another league "trust me they dont count", so I will say my first EVER best is this past sunday at Monza when i managed to stick a 3rd Shocked

Looking the push my skill level on the Reizas to try and match the top dogs.

Had a few driving games before, like Microprose GP, Colin McCrae, TOCA1/2, but I've never taken it to the extreme as here at ShadowRacing, and my gosh it is awesome.

With most of my time i try and play competitive gaming, mostly in FPS titles over at (DoGamingLeague), but with that said, might be time to hang up mouse soon, and just DRIVE!!!!!
henzero
henzero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th October 2014, 18:56

And along came Miguel...

Hi Leebee.... nice to have a feminine muscle maniac among the proverbial pigeons if you know what I mean Basketball

I have had my fair share of actual racing as I'm an Advanced Driving Instructor qualified but not active at the moment. I've also done ProKarts for a while but the costs are the problem if you don't have sponsors... hence MigSquad.

The majority of my time I now spend sim racing as I've never been one to shoot at a screen... wheels and engines are a passion for me and if you ask why I've only shown my face now? it's because my damn wheel got to meet the other side of my fist once too many times, but I think I've learnt my lesson now. Very expensive to keep replacing parts. Sad Sad

anyway, I hope to see you soon on track and btw, love your commentaries. Very, Very Cool.

Check out my rig, I'm gonna do the post now.

Migs out. geek

Back to top Go down

Post by Kgomotso 9th October 2014, 12:43

I've also done ProKarts for a while but the costs are the problem if you don't have sponsors... hence MigSquad

I knew that name sounded familiar. I did a season of prokarts too, Infinity Racing #88.

Kgomotso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th October 2014, 13:28

What season did u do?

Back to top Go down

Post by KyuKyu 10th October 2014, 12:15

Hi there.
I come from Italy but live in Germany. Luckily about the same meridian as South Africa Smile
Discovered F1 in 1995 (Alesi and Berger at Ferrari). Saw my first GP live at Imola in April 1996 (Schumi on pole, I was SHOCKED seeing him drive).
Started with (offline) sim racing in May that year with GP2. I was still at Middle School and got a pirate copy of it before it actually hit the shelves lol! Endless afternoons of hot seat matches with my best class mate till he started preferring dating girls 4 years later albino
Switched then to Gp3, Gp4, GPL, the GT mod of Simbin for F1-2002, GTR, Rfactor, GTR2 in the following years (and also found some time to date girls as well, luckily finding one who married me even if I sit on a chair turning a fake wheel in front of a monitor, while leaning my head in the direction of the turns lol! ).
At the beginning of this year I started looking for a league because I was tired of offline championships. Stumbled on a post from Kevin on some forums and joined just at the beginning of the first GT2 championship of the league. VERY sweaty hands the first races with real opponents! I found out, to my surprise, to be fast enough to compete for the podium most of the times, if I do my best at every lap. This adds to the fun, because I know I have to prepare properly for every race if I want to keep up with Razor, Christo & Co.
My best race so far is my last victory in DTM, where I managed to keep Christo behind for 15 minutes. I have had other good races where I managed to win out of strategy, or where I got results higher than my speed thanks to consistency (consistency is where I improved the most thanks to league racing). Also, I won the GT1 theam championship with Haribo in what was the best championship of this league IMO. It was just great to cooperate, exchange tips on setup and so on for the entire season.

Ah, in real life my best result is a 3rd place in a kart race with my friends lol!

KyuKyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Haribo 19th October 2014, 15:44

Heya, I'm Haribo from Singapore!

I started sim-racing (not online yet) when I was... 14 years old? My very first sim I had was a pirated rFactor (ooops), had F1 RFT 2011 as my very first mod. Then in December 2013, I got my first wheel using my salary. Getting my wheel only hooked me onto sim-racing even more. At first, I was struggling with throttle control, but that is nothing compared to my brake modulation woes (which I still have sometimes, causing quite a lot of crashes).

In January of 2014, I bought GTR2 during a discounted Steam sale. Tried the cars, track and what not, then went online. Then I thought, 'why not try going online and race in a league?' And BAM (!!), minutes later I'm on this website, signing up and saying 'Hi' to other people. My first ever Shadowracingrsa online race was on the A1-Ring, driving a Porsche 997 GT3 (my favourite car). I was up against Shadow, Kevin and Raul. Finished P2 as Raul was consistently pulling ahead of me. 'Not bad for a start,' I thought, then I got dominated badly during season 1 by the likes Gert, KyuKyu, RaZoR and the other fast guys. Not only that, I honestly think I hit the highest count of crashes caused during that season. Finished outside of top 10 overall for the season I believe!

Then we come to my career best, season 2 of the GT Challenge... There were two championships; driver and team. The driver championship was further split into PRO and AM (where I competed in). After the first round in Sebring, I was playing catch-up because of a first-lap-first-corner crash with Morgan McColl during the 2nd race of Sebring. Then as the season went on, things went better, almost scored a 1-2 with KyuKyu (my team mate in PRO) in Zandvoort, only to have insufficient fuel to race to the finish line, ultimately finishing P3. The break through finally came in Bahrain, when KyuKyu and I scored our one and only 1-2 (this is my career best race!). Won the AM championship by the end of the season.

Moving to Game Stock Car, I was (and still am actually) absent for most of the races because of an upcoming exam. Managed to race in one GT race (Porsche 997 GT3 in Bahrain) and one Formula Reiza race (Red Bull in Monza).

So... my exams will end on 27 October (soon!!), and when that day comes, I will back on track to kick some ass! (in other words hit people in the rear) Razz Just kidding, will be recording down my number of races without incidents under my forum signature! I'm doing everything to become even safer. That's all I have to say about me. Smile

PS: To find me on track, I'm normally the one that is involved in a crash sadly.

Haribo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeBee 7th November 2014, 18:20

Hey hey hey

That's a pretty superb introduction Smile

Nice to "meet" ya.

Don't doubt yourself too much Exclamation
LeeBee
LeeBee

Back to top Go down