ShadowracingRSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DONATIONS

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on 4th July 2021, 22:46
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Seems fuckall is happening here
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty10th June 2020, 22:28 by MainRacer1

» DTM ROUND 7 KANSAI
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty3rd October 2016, 06:49 by Kevin

» CART EXTREME TEST RACE
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty28th September 2016, 10:23 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 5 Magny-Cours
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty22nd September 2016, 05:49 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 4 SPA - 1 September 2016
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty12th September 2016, 08:31 by Kevin

» RACE NIGHT
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty4th September 2016, 11:41 by Kevin

» FORMULA REIZA 2016 WINNER
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty27th August 2016, 07:57 by Kevin

» v1.00 ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 7 64BIT
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty26th August 2016, 11:36 by Kevin

» REIZA FINAL ROUND MONACO
GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty21st August 2016, 09:36 by Kevin

GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May

+3
Sweet Thunder
henzero
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May

Post by Kevin 27th May 2016, 11:07

WELCOME TO THE GP2 SERIES.

Round 5
: MELBOURNE
LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rn94fktdytzn4t/Melbourne_AMS_V1.04.rar?dl=0

Mod: GP2 v1.4....Make sure this is the version you use.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gp-historical.9864/

Time: 8pm GMT+2

Format:

15 minute qualify for both races
2x17 lap races.

Points: You highest finish on the night will be counted for your points

The usual Shadowracing rules apply.

WORD OF WARNING: BE CAREFUL AT THE START, THE CARS ARE VERY QUICK ON THE PULL AWAY AND TEND TO LOSE CONTROL EASILY>

See you there.

REIZA has given us an update on AUTOMOBILISTA, now version 0.93, a whopping 1.3 gig download. The server has been updated with this update so please ensure you can join before Monday night's race.
Also, you need to rename the current Series files for the GP2 cars.
You should have two files in your SERIES folder:

reiza26.tg
reiza26.srs

RENAME THEM TO:
reiza36.tga
reiza36.srs

If you try to connect to the server and you do not see the GP2 cars, you did not rename the files correctly
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

https://shadowracingrsa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May Empty Re: GP2 Round 5 MELBOURNE 30th May

Post by henzero 30th May 2016, 14:38

might not be able to make both races, will try my best for race 2. work has me dangling on the short and curlies
henzero
henzero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thendo 30th May 2016, 14:43

i must say, after taking a couple of laps, i love the track. a beautiful track indeed. i will be gunning for podium.
Thendo
Thendo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Thunder 30th May 2016, 18:01

sorry wont make it tonight, have fun all
Sweet Thunder
Sweet Thunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk 31st May 2016, 11:41

Every now and then hard work pays off ...and when it does it's very, very satisfying!  That was my lasting impression after this event.  I love these cars and I love driving this track because of its demanding, technical nature so I put in many laps of practice - I think around 160 of them.

In Race 1 I managed to qualify first, just ahead of a hard charging Spanners.  I think he then had internet problems and couldn't race, which is a real pity as I was relishing a nice contest with him.  It turned out to be a rather uneventful race for me, having stayed clear of the inevitable turn 1 shenanigans that Melbourne so often dishes out.  In the end I was extremely satisfied to have achieved a league racing first for me: pole position, flag to flag win and fastest sector times in all 3 sectors.  I really don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, it's just that I don't think this will happen again for me any time soon, so I better enjoy it while I can!

In Race 2 I didn't quite have it all my own way, however.  Ryan finally came on song (as frankly we all expected he would), and out-qualified me by a healthy margin.  Unfortunately for him (and let's face it: luckily for me!) he had an incident on lap 1, dropping back to P5 and I was able to take the lead.  My strategy was always to pit late in this race, because in the previous event there was a problem with my pit box being occupied by someone else when I came in and I wanted to try and minimise this risk by pitting out of sequence.  This however turned out to be a big mistake. Ryan pitted early on lap 4 already, no doubt to try and avoid traffic after his incident.  He then set some consistently fast laps while my tyres were always 4 laps older, which ultimately gave him a nice undercut on me.  I pitted on lap 11 and came out about 5 seconds behind him.
As an aside: It was also interesting to note that my tyre change took 19s, while Ryan and Shawn both reported theirs took 15s.  I wonder if the game somehow adjusts the pit length depending on when in the race you pit?  Or maybe it randomises the pit times to simulate Ricciardo's RedBull crew?  Very Happy  
Anyway, from there it was a mad dash to catch up to Ryan who was now the one with the older tyres. I was once again setting fastest times in all 3 sectors in the process, but in the end I had left my pit stop just that one lap too late and I crossed the line 0.6s behind him.  Both of us however enjoyed this phase of the race immensely, and were really sorry that it was over.

Congratulations to all the podium finishers, and I'm really looking forward to next week, although I'm not all that confident that I'll be able to repeat this performance!  See you all there.
Dirk
Dirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thendo 31st May 2016, 11:53

Id like to add my 15 cents worth here. Dirk talks of the "inevitable turn 1 shenanigans".

Id like to share my view here. For the past two round, I either qualify top 5 or top 3 yet when comes 1st and second corner, either im clipped or someone flies into my racing line and forces me out of my hard earned qualifying grid position. This in turn sees me drop to position 10 then i make my way up to position 3/4. Now this is a big problem and all I ask now is for the race marshals /kev Smile to please review and look just at the 1st lap of the race and report maybe here as to whom did what which was dangerous and cost whom the race. i believe this would then be justice served.

We cant keep on loosing the race in the first corner every time.

Sincerely sore looser.
Thendo
Thendo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk 31st May 2016, 12:06

Agree fully with Thendo.  I have been on the receiving end and, regrettably, also on the giving end of this in the past.  We definitely need to be more careful into turn 1 and play the long game.  As the saying goes: you can't win the race in the first turn but you can certainly lose it.
On the (luckily few) occasions when I was at fault it has always been because I misjudged my braking into turn 1, and then ran into the back of someone.  Sometimes this is purely because you lose sight of your normal brake markers while in the pack, but often it is just a matter of practice.  I have now started to do some practice starts in order to try and determine the brake marker for lap 1 with full race fuel and cold tyres.  Maybe if everybody did this it would help alleviate the problem somewhat.  Oh and we have also found a series of fun 5-lap races in preparation for an event to help greatly with this, and in fact with getting used to following other cars around the whole track.
Dirk
Dirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thendo 31st May 2016, 13:08

Dirk, I did the same thing for race one, instead of braking half way between the 50 marker and 100 marker, I braked just before marker 100 for i practiced it in warm up. Even during the race when I had a good position, I break there knowing I still maintain pace. But I don't think this I common with everyone.

On the racing rules page, Kevin did write it clearly:

" 2. The race is not won on the first corner. Wait for a decent place to overtake and CONSIDER the other driver. Should you clip his car from behind, you will be warned if the review board feels you could have avoided the contact and will be punished. We all want a fair chance to finish the race and please show respect to the other drivers."

It is very important to preserve the qualifying grid for the first 3 corners or so. This is why rolling starts are sometimes necessary especially if you do not have launch control. To try to beat someone to the corner because of their response time to the starting lite is not good sportsmanship.

It would be really nice if the grid I preserved into the third corner, at least by then the brakes and tires are warmed up.

Thendo
Thendo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk 31st May 2016, 13:23

This has been suggested before and in the past my view on this has always been that it's not how it's done in "real" racing e.g. F1 and the like where it's certainly race on from the moment the lights go out.
BUT I'm starting to wonder about that stance now...
Professionals may be allowed to race off the line yes, but as far as I know none of us are exactly professionals and there's quite a range of skill levels (which we welcome, of course). And besides, the penalty for professionals taking each other out on lap 1 is usually quite severe (except if it's Hamilton, of course Wink ) and there's the risk of real injury and monetary losses etc. which we don't have to worry about.
So I wonder if it might not be a good idea to at least give this a trial run to see how it goes. Just a suggestion, it's (luckily) not for me to decide. Thoughts?
Dirk
Dirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thendo 31st May 2016, 14:01

I agree, I would refer to myself as a rookie as I get nervous when it comes to overtaking and being overtaken (let this not be used against me in a race) but my main objective is to make sure I finish the race without a single panel scratched (avoid all contact as much as possible). So all in all, as youve highlighted Dirk, in real life, a lot hangs I the balance should you bump someone.

All I ask is for a review in how to make the racing better and not have the corner one disasters. 3 corner grid is just a proposal.
Thendo
Thendo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 31st May 2016, 15:43

We have tried many different starts over the years to help with the 1st corner problem.
Being open-wheeler cars, we use a standing start and with that, the racing begins on the light.
Actually, it's much worse for the mid-field and back runners. All you see is smoke and cars all over the track sometimes which you can't avoid.
This is a problem most leagues have and the only way to fix it is for the drivers to be more careful. I warn everybody before EVERY race. Also, you can't punish a driver once the race has started, you have to wait until after the race, by which time a number of drivers say they were effected by the crash or bump ahead of them.
During the Reiza season we will be keeping a close eye on who does what. Repeat offenders will receive penalties.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Racing 31st May 2016, 17:23

Nice win Dirk

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

Post by Thendo 31st May 2016, 17:34

Understood Kev.
Thendo
Thendo

Back to top Go down

Post by Christo Nieuwoudt 31st May 2016, 18:28

Well done to everyone, and agree Dirk you are fully entitled to your bragging rights. With fast guys around, it is not easy to pick up a win, so grab the moment while you can.
And of course there will always be that first corner incidents, we had them throughout the seasons. But warning before each race do help a little.
Just maybe a last thought on the first corner incidents. The rules also clearly stipulate that the driver at fault must wait for the driver he bumped, unless the bumped driver cannot return to the track for some reason.
If everyone is on TS then he can tell the guy who bumped him to continue or not.
And remember, incidents and accidents will only be looked at for possible penalties if you PM Kevin. He will then looked at it and discussed it with others if necessary. Enjoy.
Christo Nieuwoudt
Christo Nieuwoudt
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 1st June 2016, 11:52

Dirk......

Fantastic drive my friend.
You deserve to brag...I would. The first league win is always the sweetest. I'm actually surprised you haven't won more often. Keep it up and you could still win the series with 2 rounds left to race.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Racing 1st June 2016, 22:00

WD Dirk. Congrats on your win.

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content