ShadowracingRSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DONATIONS

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on 4th July 2021, 22:46
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Seems fuckall is happening here
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty10th June 2020, 22:28 by MainRacer1

» DTM ROUND 7 KANSAI
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty3rd October 2016, 06:49 by Kevin

» CART EXTREME TEST RACE
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty28th September 2016, 10:23 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 5 Magny-Cours
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty22nd September 2016, 05:49 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 4 SPA - 1 September 2016
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty12th September 2016, 08:31 by Kevin

» RACE NIGHT
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty4th September 2016, 11:41 by Kevin

» FORMULA REIZA 2016 WINNER
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty27th August 2016, 07:57 by Kevin

» v1.00 ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 7 64BIT
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty26th August 2016, 11:36 by Kevin

» REIZA FINAL ROUND MONACO
ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty21st August 2016, 09:36 by Kevin

ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH

+10
chad
gusjacobs
Tim Smith
Fraser387
Christo Nieuwoudt
Ottens64
Haribo
mariusbear
Denis Mitchell
Kevin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty Re: ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH

Post by Denis Mitchell 19th March 2015, 13:48

Im loving these cars but yes the damage does seem rather excessive for light taps.
Denis Mitchell
Denis Mitchell

http://www.haxorcomputers.co.za

Back to top Go down

ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH - Page 2 Empty Re: ADAC GT Masters Season 1 ROUND 1 ROAD AMERICA 18 MARCH

Post by Kevin 19th March 2015, 13:57

Good evening of racing...
Thank you to the 22 drivers that showed up. Makes it more fun with so many.

Race 1
Everything went according to plan and because I carried fuel for the whole race, my pit stop was short and and got away quickly. Finished in 6th.
One thing though, I was blue flagged while fighting for position with one of the Johnson brothers. Strange, let him go by of course.
Race 2
Think I lagged a bit (Internet doing strange things the last few days) and was bumped off. Damage took 38 seconds to repair and finished about 13th.

The Damage will not be changed. This is a sim and this is the way the mod was made.
Solution.....Don't make contact.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

https://shadowracingrsa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mitchell 19th March 2015, 14:32

True this is a sim...but in real racing you can rub thus the saying rubbing is racing! Its just not accurate if a light rub means a 40 odd penalty in the pits. Real racing it would make no difference.

Being a sim it should have damage for sure, just not to the point where it now artificially ruins the dicing! Some cars need more on the settings and other less on the settings. I think these cars are too sensitive on the current settings.

We tried 15% on our server...extremely low and still were able to knock wheels off in heavy impacts and so on. Its worth looking into the settings to create the more realist damage i think!
Denis Mitchell
Denis Mitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by mariusbear 19th March 2015, 14:40

+1 with Denis here! the damage is too high.
mariusbear
mariusbear

http://deltecracingteam.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th March 2015, 17:48

What a great start that was to the new seasons racing.
With 20 + drivers competitively matched it made for very close racing with the inevitable collisions at the start.
The 2 race format gave us all a second chance to compete.
Congrats to the well earned podiums .
Looking forward to next weeks racing.

Crazy Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Reinhard Berger 19th March 2015, 19:56

hi bred,

you write this....

On a related topic about the cars, I know they have different or subtle handling characteristics and I’m wondering if that will have the effect of various cars more suited to a certain type of circuit. Some cars for example seem more stable under braking than others and that may have a positive effect on those drivers when we hit a tighter/more braking involved type of circuit...guess we will find out soon enough.

do you know where i can watch the different in files?
i did quick watch any files, but it looks like they are identical (but i am not realy a explert in this).
so if you or someone else can write what files i must exaclty watch, it would be good for me.

i was thinking this cars are a league package with identical performance..

i did not test other cars then 458, so i do not know if cars do drive different, but i am confused a little about this with different performance.
razor did write same yesterday in chat with different performance.

servus
Reinhard Berger
Reinhard Berger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Metcalf 20th March 2015, 09:00

do you know where i can watch the different in files?
i did quick watch any files, but it looks like they are identical (but i am not realy a explert in this).
so if you or someone else can write what files i must exaclty watch, it would be good for me.

i was thinking this cars are a league package with identical performance..

i did not test other cars then 458, so i do not know if cars do drive different, but i am confused a little about this with different performance.
razor did write same yesterday in chat with different performance.

Hi Reinhard,
I’m not an expert once it comes to the files that determine those characteristics so I cannot help you there I’m afraid however, I did try most of the cars and to me anyway, there is a difference.
Top speeds seemed very similar but the handling seemed different to me. The Lambo suited me the best to be honest, next best in my opinion was the Ferrari, then the BMW…Was not at all keen on the Porsche or Audi as the overall handling/turn in/braking characteristics just did not suite my style of driving.

Maybe Denis or Razor can advise us all further to get a better understanding.

Regards,
Bret
Bret Metcalf
Bret Metcalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mitchell 20th March 2015, 09:17

The cars do differ slightly, but very slightly. For example the Lambo is a good handling car with strong brakes, while the Z4 i drive has poor brakes but good drive and loose handling. They all slightly different so each track will suit each car differently.

Depending on your driving style a different car will suit you.
For my driving style i felt these were my top cars....

BMW Alpina
Lamborgini Gallarda
BMW Z4
Corvette C6
Porsche 997
Ferrari 458
Audi R8
Mercedes SLS
Ford GT

I chose a car that was fun to drive rather than one i was fastest in. I felt the Alpina was far more stable, but just did not give me the excitement when driving it like the Z4 does. The Audi i felt drove real nice, but its sound was too soft and i could not hear it well enough to drive it fast. The Mercedes i never liked its low revving engine either, so skipped that car.
My closest times came from the Porsche, Z4, Alpina and Lamborgini. So all things count, sounds play a big impact for me.
Denis Mitchell
Denis Mitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by mariusbear 20th March 2015, 13:57

+1 to Denis, for sure the Alpina all rounder for me. Great sound too! still battling to get those super softs kicking in on the car, but they say patience is a virtue..
mariusbear
mariusbear

http://deltecracingteam.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk 21st March 2015, 12:56

My sincerest apologies to Bret for knocking into him off the start of Race 1. I accept full responsibility. Of course I did not see him there, but I really should have anticipated that there may be someone next to me off the start. So my unconditional apologies to him and I will still gladly accept a penalty, because I may well have demanded one myself if something like that happened to me.
Maybe it's at least some consolation that I had a horrible rest of the race after damaging my car in my own off-track excursion on the first lap, and due to unforeseen circumstances I could not even compete in the next race.
Dirk
Dirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Metcalf 26th March 2015, 08:52

Dirk wrote:My sincerest apologies to Bret for knocking into him off the start of Race 1. I accept full responsibility.  Of course I did not see him there, but I really should have anticipated that there may be someone next to me off the start. So my unconditional apologies to him and I will still gladly accept a penalty, because I may well have demanded one myself if something like that happened to me.  
Maybe it's at least some consolation that I had a horrible rest of the race after damaging my car in my own off-track excursion on the first lap, and due to unforeseen circumstances I could not even compete in the next race.

Thank you Dirk, apology unconditionally accepted mate. Smile

Regards,
Bret
Bret Metcalf
Bret Metcalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2