ShadowracingRSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DONATIONS

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on 4th July 2021, 22:46
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Seems fuckall is happening here
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty10th June 2020, 22:28 by MainRacer1

» DTM ROUND 7 KANSAI
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty3rd October 2016, 06:49 by Kevin

» CART EXTREME TEST RACE
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty28th September 2016, 10:23 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 5 Magny-Cours
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty22nd September 2016, 05:49 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 4 SPA - 1 September 2016
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty12th September 2016, 08:31 by Kevin

» RACE NIGHT
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty4th September 2016, 11:41 by Kevin

» FORMULA REIZA 2016 WINNER
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty27th August 2016, 07:57 by Kevin

» v1.00 ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 7 64BIT
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty26th August 2016, 11:36 by Kevin

» REIZA FINAL ROUND MONACO
FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty21st August 2016, 09:36 by Kevin

FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA 4th Jan

5 posters

Go down

FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA 4th Jan

Post by Kevin 31st December 2014, 10:02

WELCOME TO THE FINAL ROUND

TRACK: Brasilia FULL = DEFAULT TRACK

We will be running a series of 4 rounds over December on Sunday evenings with the Formula Nippon cars. They are a bit slower than the F1 we are used to but drive very well and should be great fun for the holidays.
This is the final round for the cup. Good luck to all drivers

It will be a cup event to keep things interesting.

Format:

Racing starts at 8pm

20 minute unlimited lap Qualify
Race 1:........? LAPS WITH pit stop

10 minute unlimited lap Qualify
Race2:........? LAPS With pit stop. At least 4 tires must be changed.

1 point for pole position in both races.

1st.....17
2nd.....14
3rd.....11
4th.....8
5th.....6
6th.....4
7th.....2
8th.....1

The race will have a standing start

The usual league rules apply.
Keep it clean and have fun guys. Don't forget to welcome any new drivers.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

https://shadowracingrsa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty Re: FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA 4th Jan

Post by Not Racing 31st December 2014, 12:12

Well it is not Spielburg or Watkins.  Should make for a nice race.

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA  4th Jan Empty Re: FORMULA NIPPON RACE 5 BRASILIA 4th Jan

Post by Kevin 31st December 2014, 12:36

Nice track with some overtaking places and fast too.
The guys in the front are going to have to DRIVE this one to win. What a Face
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 1st January 2015, 10:18

Server is up for practice. Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mitchell 3rd January 2015, 12:11

Hey guys im back, happy new year all!

Any idea on number of laps per race yet? Going to start practicing today and need to work out fuel and pit stops!
Denis Mitchell
Denis Mitchell

http://www.haxorcomputers.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 3rd January 2015, 12:13

Well 1:30 so far, so I would say 19 laps.
Some of the guys are F.A.S.T (Me for example) Razz
See you on track
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mitchell 3rd January 2015, 12:15

Hahaha ok cool thanks Kevin!
I'll be on track later, within 2 hours or so to start figuring this all out. Looking forward to a new track.
Denis Mitchell
Denis Mitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 3rd January 2015, 12:17

One of the drivers was online at 6:30 this morning. That's called dedication!
Don't complain if you arrive 10 minutes before the race and come nowhere.
Practice guys. Cool
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chad 4th January 2015, 16:03

Sorry not going to make this one

chad

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Racing 4th January 2015, 16:12

Uli has clocked many many laps for this race.

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

Post by ilu2404 4th January 2015, 16:49

Well yeah, had to get some experience, but I always do a lot of practice before a race, hardly less than 500 km except I know car and track very very well, then maybe a bit less Wink Hope I'm able to do the race without incidents.

ilu2404

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mitchell 4th January 2015, 21:37

What a race meeting.

Uli, epic pace you had bad luck but race 2 could of been epic but never happened! Hope we have some really close races again, you sure pushed me hard!

Well done to all the guys tonight.

Race 2 was a hell of a close race. At the start there was slight contact with Uli, think i had some wing damage or something but i pushed like mad to keep Uli behind. Then the pit stops i pitted a lap earlier than Uli, as i passed the pits Uli comes out right in front of me as well as Francois. In the confusion and possibly aided by a lap hotter tyres i got a sneaky move to get passed Uli. Uli you would of had the pace to hold me off if not for that im sure.

Excellent race pace though, really enjoyed the challenge! A shame Christo was not up with the front pace tonight, i was expecting a tough dice up front with you! Backmarkers were great too, thanks for being so alert guys i really appreciate it.

These cars were great fun, thanks very much for this series and thanks to SH Racing for making this possible for me!
Denis Mitchell
Denis Mitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by ilu2404 4th January 2015, 21:48

Yeah, it would've been indeed an epic finish between us. For the second race I just lowered the rear tire pressure by 5 units, which helped a lot on traction. In the first race I was just driving careful because it's been some time I had a race where I was that quick - didn't drive for about 3 months. So I was nervous as well, but much less in Race 2.

So what happened? Coming into the pits the lap after you, I saw 2 cars standing there and I saw my red pit stall marking and thought: Oh dear, this is going to be tight. I couldn't park the car properly so I had to stand a bit different. Just in that moment I stopped, Francois right behind me started to leave his pit stall, driving right into my back. A few seconds later he did it again, obviously having trouble to get the reverse gear (I guess he was on automatic transmission). Then he drove around, short after that I could leave and had to pass another one very close to the garages on the side as I had a bad parking position. I noticed in the pits the damaged rear suspension already, but I tried to keep running. Finally I had no grip for left hand turns anymore, hit the curbs before Turn 6 and spun off - finally I saw no more sense in continuing as I lost my right rear wheel as well.

I was really on fire in that race and if the pit stop would've gone well, I'm sure I could've kept you behind me. But shit happens Wink

Yeah, I'll be there for more races, depending on how the leagues are going on at EEC Wink

ilu2404

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mitchell 4th January 2015, 22:09

I really hope you make more races Uli, it was really great having you there. You got excellent pace too, and its always good to have fast guys pushing each other...that way we just all get better!

Im sure you going to have many wins here, just enter the races lol!
Christo, Gert and Eugene have all pushed me really hard before...and i love the challenge and competition, trying to figure out how to improve!
Denis Mitchell
Denis Mitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Racing 5th January 2015, 06:15

I don't know what it is with these cars, I could not get that sweet spot with them. Besides the mistakes I made in both races It was fun.

Well done to Denis. Worthy champ in the Nippons.

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

Post by ilu2404 5th January 2015, 07:31

@Denis: Yeah, I got the same experience at EEC. For quite some time I was hardly being beaten until some very quick guys joined us. Suddenly I had to find new ways of getting quicker and finally I found some ways. It's quite often in terms of setup by taking an unusual one, adjustments you normally would never do.
This setup I've taken, compared to Sochi (which was a very bad one from me), had 3 units more front wing than rear wing and it worked well. Of course it was slippy at the back, but when following someone like in Race 1 right behind Christo, I still had very good grip to follow him and finally I could pass him.
So as said, I'll be there for more races if I got the time. I'm just not going to take the SGT500 one, because I never got happy at all with these cars. Drove them at Nogrip with Reinhard and I can tell you: If you think you can beat Reinhard, then you're still off the pace Razz He is impossibly quick with them and hardly does any mistakes. For me it was like this: Do no mistakes, drive as fast as you can, but do it all 1 second faster, then you might have a chance Very Happy He is one of the best drivers I've ever seen, so there you got your challenge in that series Very Happy

@Gert: I've been watching you yesterday to see where you're losing the pace. You were looking very unsure with these cars, working a lot on the steering wheel and being very late on the gas. Looks like you couldn't get confident with them.

Finally I got to say that I'm really impressed of how much practice everyone does for these races. I'm really not used to see people giving that much effort. Great job everyone!

ilu2404

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Racing 5th January 2015, 08:21

@Uli

Yeah I could never really get comfortable with these cars. Like you said, always unsure. It's like I can't trust the car. But watching you yesterday & seeing your setup I can now see where I went wrong with these cars a bit. Was fun.

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 5th January 2015, 09:40

A great Holiday Cup finishes!
I must say, I was impressed with the commitment and skill from all of you. Some super close racing and lots of fun.

After getting some advice before the race last night, I found I had extra pace and managed 5th place in race 1. Could have made 4th I think, but for a mistake or two. Thank you Uli for your help. I think you have now seen how much I have improved since the racing at EEC. Your advice really paid off.
Race 2 I made a stupid mistake by taking my eyes off the road for a second. Off track, sand, grass, wall, wheel off and end of race. affraid

Thank you all for taking part and we must do this again sometime.
To Denis, great driving my friend and you deserve to be Champion.
See you all at Okayama!!!! bounce
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down