ShadowracingRSA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DONATIONS

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 174 on 4th July 2021, 22:46
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Seems fuckall is happening here
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty10th June 2020, 22:28 by MainRacer1

» DTM ROUND 7 KANSAI
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty3rd October 2016, 06:49 by Kevin

» CART EXTREME TEST RACE
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty28th September 2016, 10:23 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 5 Magny-Cours
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty22nd September 2016, 05:49 by Kevin

» 2016 DTM Round 4 SPA - 1 September 2016
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty12th September 2016, 08:31 by Kevin

» RACE NIGHT
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty4th September 2016, 11:41 by Kevin

» FORMULA REIZA 2016 WINNER
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty27th August 2016, 07:57 by Kevin

» v1.00 ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 7 64BIT
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty26th August 2016, 11:36 by Kevin

» REIZA FINAL ROUND MONACO
Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty21st August 2016, 09:36 by Kevin

Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour

5 posters

Go down

Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour

Post by Guest 20th October 2014, 13:10

Let me start off by saying that no-one is above another and that this topic is not directed at anyone in particular.
I am merely going to point out some generally accepted standards and obligations that are required by any and all drivers who take part in any racing event - be it real or virtual... the rules remain the same.
Having taken part in some races, it is evident that not all drivers understand how their behavior impacts on the rest of the field which they are racing with and this point takes on even more significance with regards to cars who are being lapped or who are generally just slower than others.

The following, is just a few tips to consider whilst on track and having to deal with faster or slower cars:

• For slower or lapped drivers - It is good to constantly be watchful of other cars in your immediate vicinity... one method is to watch your mirrors which sometimes does not give you a proper field of view  Rolling Eyes
    or watch your circuit tracker or map for where the faster cars are at any given time, monitoring their pace per sector thus giving you ample time to prepare for their imminent arrival at your rear.

• Once a faster car has made its way to your rear, prepare to be overtaken... don't wait for a blue flag to pop up on your screen before you decide where a good spot will be to allow the faster driver by. If you anticipate the faster car's arrival, the chances are you won't even have to slow down at all to allow him through. Just keep monitoring his pace vs. yours and you will manage to allow the quicker driver through at a convenient spot on the track without even affecting your own pace.

• Avoid weaving and changing your racing line... stick to your line and ease off gently, just enough to make the following driver aware of your intentions and that you in fact are aware of his presence. If the pass will be allowed on a straight part of the track, move over off the racing line in a manner which suggests that you are now going to let the faster driver through and do so timeously in order to prevent a passing maneuver at braking point or otherwise dangerous part of the track.

• Choosing the best spot to allow a faster car to pass, is not always possible, but you must try to avoid passing maneuvers to happen:

• At corner entry

• During a corner or

• On the racing line

If you are going to be lapped, try to be passed on a straight part of the track as that will cost you the least time and it will also give the passing driver the confidence he needs, to do so... Not to mention the fact that your actions will be admired and spoken about. It is true that no one wants to be overtaken, after all, we're all in it to win it, but not all can be winners and one day when you find yourself being the guy doing all the overtaking, you will also appreciate common racing courtesy that the slower guys will afford you.

I believe that ultimately, it is up to all of us drivers to be courteous to one another regardless if we're fast or slow. We are in an environment where it's easy to blame the other guy but it's just as easy to forget that this should be fun for everyone... not just the ones fighting up front.

On another perspective, I would also like to point out to the faster guys that no one has to the right to assume that the slower driver will oblige and when. You as the quicker driver, have the final responsibility on how to act and perform your passing maneuver. If you as the faster car, hit the slower driver, then unfortunately, it is you who have suffered the consequences of not anticipating the possible outcome.

Drivers, be safe out there and you will all soon see how consistent you can become by using proper driver etiquette and courtesy. If history has taught us anything about racing, it's not the guy who wins the most races the takes the title... it's normally the guy who finishes the most races.

I think I've said enough and I did not direct this script at anyone in particular. I wish everyone a very entertaining season of racing and I for one would love to see this league grow in leaps and bounds. Thank you to all my fellow league racers for making this one of the most enjoyable things one can do with your clothes on Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Catch you on the track...
Migs out. cheers

Back to top Go down

Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty Re: Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour

Post by Guest 20th October 2014, 18:47

Tactfully well said Migs : Wink

Back to top Go down

Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour Empty Re: Driver Etiquette and General Behaviour

Post by Red Spider 20th October 2014, 19:54

Well put Migs !! Particularly like this bit....

On another perspective, I would also like to point out to the faster guys that no one has to the right to assume that the slower driver will oblige and when. You as the quicker driver, have the final responsibility on how to act and perform your passing manoeuvre. If you as the faster car, hit the slower driver, then unfortunately, it is you who have suffered the consequences of not anticipating the possible outcome.
Red Spider
Red Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Racing 21st October 2014, 15:18

Well put migs. Very Happy

Not Racing

Back to top Go down

Post by Charl Haas 22nd October 2014, 16:56

By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver ...
Charl Haas
Charl Haas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 22nd October 2014, 16:59

Going for the gap is fine, just do it at the right time without causing yourself and the other driver a huge accident. Racing drivers are still sensible people. Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

https://shadowracingrsa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Hunter 1st March 2015, 06:39

Track etiquette and respect is a two way street. NO driver is "better" than another.... Smile

Ken Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down